1. Peel the bananas and slit vertically into halves, then horizontally in more halves. Pour coconut milk into a pot and turn on the heat. Once boiling, lower heat to medium and add bananas.
2. Once bananas are tender, turn off the heat. Do not overcook. Add sugar and salt and keep stirring until well dissolved.
3. Add coconut cream. Allow to cool down to room temperature before serving.
– As an alternative, Nam Wa bananas can be replaced with potato, sweet potato, pumpkin or tapioca. Boil until cooked only, avoid over boiling until mashed.
– When cooking unripe bananas, boil them in water for 3-5 minutes to get rid of the stickiness. Young fruits normally taste less sweet and therefore will require extra sugar in the coconut milk.
Vitamin B6, B12, C, E, K, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins