1. Simmer coconut cream over medium heat till the oil separates. Add Massaman curry paste and try until the mix darkens and gives off a fragrance.
2. Divide the coconut milk in half. Pour the first half into the pot and continue simmering until the mix starts to dry out. Then add chicken and the remaining coconut milk.
3. Add the chicken stock and keep simmering until it comes to a boil.
4. Add roasted peanuts, potatoes and simmer until the chicken is tender.
5. When the potatoes are cooked, season with fish sauce, palm sugar and tamarind juice. Add onion and cook through until the soup begins to dry out. Serve in a bowl.
– To make tamarind juice, mix 1 portion of the tamarind with 3 to 3.5 portions of water.
– Different brands of instant tamarind juice have different flavors and levels of sourness.
Vitamin A, B6, C, E, K, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
Total: 45 mins
Spicy Level: 2