1. Simmer coconut cream in a pan until the oil separates. Add Kiew Wan curry paste and stir until it dissolves.
2. Add shrimps and try until well cooked. Pour into a pot then add coconut milk. Bring to lull boil over medium heat.
3. Add round eggplant or brinjal and season with fish sauce and palm sugar. When the curry returns to a boil, the round eggplant or brinjal will be cooked.
4. Add red spur chilies, shredded kaffir lime leaves and sweet basil leaves. Serve in a bowl.
– If the curry paste is burned while frying, the curry will be darker than usual and have a slightly bitter taste. Likewise, if undercooked, it will appear pale in color and mild in taste and aroma.
– As an alternative, shrimp can be replaced with chicken, pork or beef.
– To keep the round eggplant or brinjal fresh and green, cut and soak in slightly salted water. Only use when the curry is fully boiling.
Vitamin A, B6, C, E, K, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
Total: 35 mins
Spicy Level: 3