1. Soak the thin noodles for 5 minutes in water before cooking to soften.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan, fry the garlic and shallot, then add the thin noodles and sprinkle with water until the noodles are soft.
3. Add fish sauce, palm sugar, red pepper flakes and tamarind juice. Stir quickly to prevent the noodles from sticking together
4. Heat another tbsp of oil and add the salted turnip, tofu, shrimps and dried shrimps. Stir and mix together with the noodles and push to one side of the pan leaving space to heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil.
5. Crack the egg in to the pan and spread thinly. Mix in the prepared noodles, add chives and bean sprouts. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with roasted peanuts, squeeze in fresh lime juice, and garnish with the uncooked chives and bean sprouts.
– Gradually add the cooking oil.
– Constantly check the noodles whilst cooking, if they are still dry and hard, sprinkle with water or add more oil.
Vitamin A, C, B6, K, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Omega 3
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Total: 25 mins
Spicy Level: 2